Awards & Scholarships
Molly Gerold Scholarships
The Texas School Counselor Association is pleased to award up to ten (10) scholarships each year.
- One, $2000.00 scholarship for a graduating senior who is a child/grandchild of a TSCA member,
- Five, $1000.00 scholarships for a graduating senior from a school whose counselor is a TSCA member, and
- Up to four, $500.00 scholarships for graduate hours toward a degree or continuing education in school counseling.
Applications will open March 2023.
Rhosine Fleming Professional Development Awards
The Rhosine Fleming Award was established in memory of Rhosine DuBose Fleming, who was a counselor for Richardson ISD when she died in 1971. Rhosine was instrumental in the organization of Texas School Counselor Association (TSCA) in 1966 and served as TSCA Secretary. This award is given each year to an outstanding school counselor at each level and stands as a living memorial to Rhosines dedication, professional involvement, and growth.
Award categories are as follows:
- Elementary School Counselor of the Year
- Middle School Counselor of the Year
- High School Counselor of the Year
- Multilevel School Counselor of the Year
- Counselor Supervisor of the Year
- Jan Friese Counselor Advocate of the Year
- Counselor Educator of the Year
- Campus Administrator of the Year
- Legislator of the Year
To qualify for the award, nominations are made based on a letter of recommendation that describes the program, activity, or work that demonstrates the individual's significant contribution(s) to the field of school counseling. Professional school counseling experience and leadership participation in the areas of supervision, professional development, program implementation, and/or program advocacy should be included; to include specific examples. Please see additional details at the top of the nomination form. Nominees must be members of TSCA. The deadline has been extended to December 9, 2022.