"Counselors Reinforcing Excellence in Texas"
CREST - Counselors Reinforcing Excellence in Texas
A word from the TSCA President, Lesley Casarez: Hello Texas School Counselors! TSCA is so excited in the updates that will be happening to CREST in order to align more closely with the Texas Model. In the meantime, the updates to submitting a technologically appropriate CREST proposal will allow us to showcase the fantastic work of professional school counselors across the state. We look forward to seeing the great programs you are implementing and sharing them with all Texas stakeholders!
What is CREST?
Counselors Reinforcing Excellence for Students in Texas (CREST) is sponsored by the Texas School Counselor Association (TSCA) and awarded to school counseling programs that meet CREST requirements. CREST is a continuous improvement document that school counseling programs can use to demonstrate effective communication and a commitment to obtaining results.
Ask yourself, ?Why should our school counseling program pursue the CREST application process?
Benefits of CREST:
- Advocate for your school counseling program and show how it supports student success
- Document your school counseling program?s role in supporting student success
- Show continuous improvement data for your counseling program
- Highlight program successes for all stakeholders
- Strengthen the campus counseling program by aligning it with the campus improvement plan
- Reinforce the school counselor?s role in the academic, personal/social, and career development of students
- Link your school counseling program to state, national, and legislative standards
- Provide a tool for accountability
- Receive recognition at the Texas School Counselor Association/Texas Counseling Association spring conferences
- Receive a CREST banner for display on your campus
2019-2020 CREST Applications
Deadline: November 1st, 2019
Click the link below to view the application packet. The packet includes information about CREST and the application process.
CREST Winning Schools 2016-2017